Experts agree the key to healthy eating is the time-tested advice of balance, variety and moderation. In short, that means eating a wide variety of foods without getting too many calories or too much of any one nutrient.
These 10 tips can help you follow that advice while still enjoying the foods you eat.
- Eat a variety of nutrient-rich foods.
- Enjoy plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat moderate portions.
- Eat regular meals.
- Reduce, don't eliminate certain foods.
- Balance your food choices over time.
- Know your diet pitfalls.
- Make changes gradually.
- Remember, foods are not good or bad.